Relating to this product
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress will not possess liberties to product with its collections. Therefore, it doesn’t license or charge authorization costs to be used of these material and should not give or reject authorization to publish or perhaps circulate the material.
Eventually, it will be the researcher’s responsibility to evaluate copyright or any other usage limitations and acquire permission from 3rd events whenever necessary before publishing or materials that are otherwise distributing in the Library’s collections.
For details about reproducing, publishing, and material that is citing this collection, along with usage of the initial things, see: Carol M. Highsmith – legal rights and Restrictions Information
If a graphic is showing, you can easily install it your self. (Some pictures show just as thumbnails outside of the Library of Congress as a result of legal rights factors, you gain access to bigger size pictures on location.)
Instead, you can buy copies of numerous kinds through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- In case a electronic image is showing: The qualities associated with electronic image partially depend on whether or not it had been produced from the initial or an intermediate such as for instance a duplicate negative or transparency. In the event that Reproduction quantity field above features a reproduction quantity that begins with LC-DIG. Then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for publication purposes that are most.
- When there is information placed in the Reproduction quantity field above: the reproduction can be used by you quantity to shop for a duplicate from Duplication Services. It shall be manufactured through the supply placed in the parentheses following the number.
If perhaps black-and-white (“b&w”) sources are detailed and you also want a content showing color or tint (presuming the initial has any), it is possible to generally buy an excellent content associated with initial in color by citing the decision quantity listed above and such as the catalog record (“About This Item”) together with your demand.
Cost listings, email address, and purchase kinds can be obtained regarding the Duplication Services webpage.
Usage of Originals
Please use the next actions to ascertain whether you’ll want to fill a call slip out into the images and Photographs researching area to look at the first item(s). A surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm in some cases.
Could be the item digitized? (A thumbnail (little) image may be noticeable from the remaining.)
- Yes, the product is digitized. Please utilize the image that is digital choice to asking for the initial. All pictures can be looked at at a size that is large you’re in any reading space in the Library of Congress. In a few situations, just thumbnail (little) pictures can be found whenever you are away from Library of Congress since the product is legal rights limited or is not assessed for legal rights limitations. As a conservation measure, we generally usually do not provide an item that is original an electronic image can be acquired. When you have a reason that is compelling begin to see the initial, check with a guide librarian. (often, important source the first is just too delicate to provide. As an example, glass and movie photographic negatives are especially susceptible to damage. They are much easier to see on the web where these are typically presented as good pictures.)
- No, the product just isn’t digitized. Please visit no. 2.
Perform some Access Advisory or Call quantity fields above indicate that a surrogate that is non-digital, such as for instance microfilm or content images?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Guide staff can direct one to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate will not occur. Please visit #3.
A librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3 to contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated immediately from bibliographic information being a convenience, and may even never be complete or accurate.