A water supply valve is required to control the water coming into the appliance if your refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser feature, or even just an installed ice maker. The supply valve is normally positioned at the bottom backside of this fridge behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply generally travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve is a component that is electrically-control inlet and socket water ports plus one or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled by way of a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water via a water that is optional into the dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can build-up within the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer struggling to create ice and limited, or no, water taken from the dispenser if the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves can’t be effortlessly washed or fixed, a malfunctioning valve should be changed having a new one.
How exactly to change a water supply valve that is defective
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut off the water supply into the fridge.
- Pull the ice box out of the wall surface.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the reduced access panel that is rear. Bear in mind, you may want to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot one which just completely take away the panel.
- Detach the incoming water line through the water supply valve inlet slot when you yourself havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting bracket or plate through the fridge framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the solenoid terminals.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be ready for some water to spill.
- If required, eliminate the old water supply valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the water that is new valve by aligning it from the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Completely place the hose or hoses in to the socket ports and, if needed, fall in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter into the solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket regarding the ice box thread and frame the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it with all the screws.
- Connect the incoming water line towards the valveвЂ™s inlet slot. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Go the ice box straight right straight back contrary to buy a wife online the wall surface.
- Turn water supply straight straight right back on.
- Plug the power that is refrigeratorвЂ™s back.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to ensure the brand new supply valve is working precisely and there are no leakages.
Discover the water that is right valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves will change with regards to the ice box model, it is crucial to recognize the valve that is exact fits your fridge. For this, enter the complete model wide range of the appliance within the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter from the remaining region of the web page to get the matching part. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the top brand name fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll would you like to make sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.